Sunday, January 23, 2011

Abstracts


 With the publication of my painting Unfurling done for the private collection of my friends Pamela and C.N. Jenkins in Virginia Living's 2006 Holiday edition, my art career was jump started. I had not painted in more than 15 years. The last time I painted professionally was in Los Angeles, CA. I painted on clothing for adults and children and had a successful business. When I moved back east, I married and had two children while teaching full time so I had very little time to devote to art with the exception of decorations for my home, children and various clubs to which I belonged. The Richmond Chapter of The Links, Incorporated requested a painting for their art auction in 2005 and I painted Unfurling. To my surprise and delight the painting became the focal point in the article about the beautiful addition to the Jenkins' home.
Unfurling

No comments:

Post a Comment